Once Narada Muni meet one household man and was preaching to him about value of chanting of the holy names of Lord Rama.
But this man said as all of us people of the modern world:
– It is nice to chant Narada, but you know i am so busy i have not time! I have so many duties to perform every day. I need to work, to take care for my wife and children. So many duties, so not time to chant!
– Is there any little free time in your busy day? Asked sage Narada.
– I do not know! said the man. Only free time i have is when i am siting in toilet. There i have some free undisturbed minutes! said busy men.
– Wonderful, then you start chanting holy names of Lord Rama when you are in toilet! happily spoke sage Narada and went away.
So our busy men started chanting every day when was in toilet. People in modern times are taking books or newspapers while sitting on toilet desk. But our busy men was more spiritual, he was chanting holy names of Rama.
By hearing intensity of chanting the names of his master Hanuman started searching. Who is so devotedly chanting names of my master? Finally Hanuman found this men chanting Rama, Rama while siting in his toilet room.
By seeng this Hanuman become very angry. He thought who is this men who so disrespectfully chanting holy names of Rama while siting in such impure place as toilet. I will finish him! So Hanuman started kicking the men with his lags but could not move the men even for inch. Hanuman tray even harder but was not successful. Hanuman thought: I am one of the most powerful persons in universe, but i cannot even touch this men. What is happening?
Then at scene appeared Guru of our busy men, Narada Muni.
He asked: Hanuman what is happening?
– I try to kick this men who chant holy names of my Lord Rama at toilet, but i cannot do nothing to him? Help me! Spoke Hanuman.
– My dear Hanuman, when one is chanting holy names of Lord Rama he is personally associating with him Lord Rama. Lord and his names are not different, so who can hurt that person who is chanting. Because he is so busy in life, this is only place he can chant. Holy name cannot be contaminated even by chanting in dirty place such as toilet.
Happily understanding glories of holy names of his Lord Rama, Hanuman continue chanting and our busy men continue chanting in toilet even up to day.
Moral of the story:
By chanting holy name we associate with the Lord. So why not always chant and be in personal association with God! So… Happy new year and dont forget to chant in new year, at least at toilet!
( Story narrated by His Holiness Sacinandana Swami)
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
PS: I humbly request all the devotees to please forward and share this moral / instructive stories they hear so that everyone can be benefitted by hearing about Krishna and his dear devotees.