SB 8.2: The Elephant Gajendra’s Crisis
- The waves of the ocean of milk Produce emeralds.
- Trikuta mountains heavenly atmosphere.
- Gajendras pursuits of sense gratification.
- A Crocodile ruins Gajendras illusory enjoyment.
- Gajendra surrender to the Supreme Controller.
SB 8.3: Gajendra’s Prayers of Surrender
- Gajendra remembers a mantra from his previous life.
- The inconceivable supreme artist.
- Bhakti – yoga: Pure spiritual activity.
- The only shelter for all transcendentalists.
- Krishna gives whatever a living entity wants.
- The struggle for existence is due to ignorance.
- Lord Hari rescue Gajendra.
SB 8.4: Gajendra Returns to the Spiritual World
- King Huhas life as a crocodile.
- Gajendra Regains His spiritual body.
Lessons to be learned from Gajendra Moksha:
- Take knowledge from a perfect person.
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is descriptions of the material and spiritual world.
- Harm of intoxication.
- Accept the arrangement of providence.
- In our fight with crocodile of maya we should not lose strength.
- We should place ourselves in a normal condition of life.
- Everyone tries to save himself from danger.
- Accept arrangement of God.
- At every step, at every moment, there is danger.
- Our attempts are sanctioned by the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- Everyone fears death.
- The present body of devotee is his last.
- Seek shelter of Krishna.
- Krsna gives one the chance to remember Him.
- Every devotee should practice chanting some mantra.
- Devotee should try to perfect his Krsna consciousness in this life.
- The stone statue of the Deity is directly the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- There is no difference between the Supreme and omkara (pranava).
- Lord is the cause and total of the universe’s ingredients.
- The universe is the Lord, just as clay is the pot.
- The supreme manufacturer of the universe.
- Supreme Personality of Godhead, the supreme sun, always remains luminous.
- The Supreme artist cannot be understood even by the demigods or great sages.
- The Supreme Lord exists everywhere, within and without.
- Qualifications of devotees – They look upon everyone as a spirit soul.
- Devotee goes directly to the spiritual planets.
- Krishnas name is not material.
- The Lord is witness in everyone’s heart.
- One must receive enlightenment from God.
- Only by devotional service can one understand the Supreme.
- When one’s knowledge becomes extremely intense and deep he understands Vasudeva.
- The actual knower of the body – ksetra gja is God.
- Everything in the material world works under His supervision.
- The Lord is atma-mula, the original source of everything.
- The people of this world wrongly progresses toward the wrong objective.
- Lord give his devotees jnana-dipa, special mercy from within.
- The unalloyed devotee of the Supreme Lord automatically manifests all good qualities.
- We should not be in bodily conception of life.
- Lord is never lazy in regard to our deliverance.
- Lord is unaffected by the modes of material nature.
- Whatever one’s position and desire is, one will get what he desires by Krishnas mercy.
- Unalloyed devotees have nothing to ask.
- Bhakti-yoga is the spotless process by which we approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- Every living entity is covered by the darkness of ignorance.
- Struggle for existence is due to ignorance.
- One must wash off dirt from his hearth by practicing bhakti-yoga.
- There is a Supreme authority who is above everything.
- When Lord Visnu is worshiped all the other demigods are also worshiped.
- Devotee regards danger as a good opportunity to remember the Lord.
- The curse of great sages is in fact a benediction.
- One should not be displeased when a saintly person curses someone.
- Gross body touched by the Lord turns into a spiritual body.
- Daily worship of the Deity provides an opportunity to touch the body of the Lord.
- Unconscious offence also counts.
- Nothing can happen without the desire of the Supreme Lord.
- We should not be disturbed by unfortunate circumstances.
- Mukti or salvation means getting the position of the Lord’s associate.
- Every verse especially in the Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita, is a Vedic mantra.
- We have bad dreams because of sinful activities.
Sruti phala – Fruit of hearing Gajendra moksha:
O best of the Kuru dynasty, those who hear this narration become fit to be promoted to the
higher planetary systems. Simply because of hearing this narration, they gain
a reputation as devotees, they are unaffected by the contamination of
Kali-yuga, and they never see bad dreams.
Therefore, after getting up from bed in the morning, those who desire
their own welfare–especially the brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and in
particular the brahmana Vaisnavas–should chant this narration as it is,
without deviation, to counteract the troubles of bad dreams.
My dear devotee, unto those who rise from bed at the end of night and
offer Me the prayers offered by you, I give an eternal residence in the
spiritual world at the end of their lives.